Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Ipods, Jam's Point of View+ Review

Now, most of us if not all of us must have at some point in our lives owned an ipod. They are the king of the MP3 world the: Nano, Touch, Classic and Shuffle.

The new touch: The touch is a great device, giving you the versitility and apps of a iphone in a much more affordable and indespensible device (it's thinner too) but all of the touch fans always wanted a feature the iphone and old nano had, a camera.

Apple responded and now the ipod touch with camera has arrived. It can video, take great pics and has a retina display ( for all that arent apple geeks that means the screen responds better to your finger and the display is clearer)

I commend apple on their efforts! 9/10


Now the new ipod nano (cringe)

I see what apple wants to do with their new product. They want to make a ipod touch style ipod that you can take everywhere and use its cool apps and so on , but what I can't understand is that why would they make a ghastly new ipod that looks as crap as it is when they had an awesome model already in the stores. It's like they upgraded it just for the sake of... well nothing.

You see I loved the old ipod nano it was: light, stylish and had the most awesome video camera with a squillion different effects on it, in other words it was awesome.

Also the touch screen can be a bit glitchy and I loved the old control wheel, if they take that off the classic I will personally drink 200 gallons of whisky and fall into a coma for 45 years.

So Steve Jobs, I hate your stupid new nano: 6/10


The new shuffle:  Yes, it is brillant. I am so pleased that apple went back to the old shuffles controls they are great, unlike the stupid old shuffle which you controlled by pressing a certain part of the headphones which is impossible to do without dislodging 10 vetebrae in your back.

Apple has also adopted a groovy square shape for the shuffle. This looks pukingly bad on the nano but orgasmic on the shuffle, no wonder Blue wants to collect them all: 8.5967.

So overall apple you did a pretty good job.

Jam

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.